January 01, 2017

New Year Look-back!

Another year has magically disappeared, just where did the time go? As per the year hasn’t always been smooth sailing in fact I feel like I have faced more trials and tribulations than highlights but here’s to hoping that the new year embraces more positives. I guess this post is to look back on the good things that have occurred no matter how small or far between I felt they have been. This will be the first year recap on this blog and so it will be a great tradition to have for the years to come as a kind of scrapbook, of sorts.




January was a weird month for me, it just involved getting into the swing of assignments and commuting into university but it also saw me signing a contract to live with my now flat mates. I think it was one of my favourite things to know I would be surrounded by 4 lovely ladies who were like minded (also made it much easier to roll out of bed 20 minutes before lectures!).  I also was reunited with one of absolute babes of besties Alina, now all our friends have a joke that she just disappears (as she somehow does) but seeing my love was amazing and I truly missed her spontaneous and fun energy around me!


February saw a small gathering of people at the Canterbury Debenhams for a makeup masterclass of sorts, and who else to come with me than my very own blogger bestie Harriet!? Of course splurging occurred and my card came out a little lighter but with a bunch of amazing Urban Decay goodies. If nothing else, I learned that as much as I am hard on myself it’s okay to treat yourself to what you love at some stages rather than forever stressing.


Another noticeable achievement (of sorts) was my 21st birthday in February in which my parents threw me an amazing house party with all my nearest and dearest! There was a crap ton of alcohol and a buffet (my mum insisted whilst I wanted more alcohol) but it was a true moment to take a pause on my life and see what true friends and family I have around me. The biggest present that I can ever ask for is my family, the idea of being surrounded by fake people literally freaks me out and I can honestly say from the point of my birthday onwards this year I have found out who exactly is a true friend. I also managed to find a new part time job that had decent wages thanks to a then friend but it was nothing that included new friendships as such it was just a stop off.  One of my favourite blogger achievements to date was on the 22nd February when I posted a blog post on the book that shaped my life (Reasons to stay alive – Matt Haig) the first time I have publicly spoken about my MH issues to a large audience. The response was amazing and it truly pushed me on to focus on my blog and give it my all.




March saw my sister asking me to be her bridesmaid which of course I accepted, at the time I didn’t know I would be wearing yellow but that’s beyond the point, Cyprus 2017 here I come! My love for self-help books grew and I felt through these I was able to tackle some of my thoughts and issues if not only for a short time.  Of course during the course of April I got a boyfriend and had the best 3 months ever but that ended when the last month was a total fail and I realized I deserved better (side note: I now understand the saying sometimes love isn’t enough, be true to yourself and see your worth my lovely readers!). April also saw my first collaboration with a brand, Coconut Lane and I am a Coconut Queen which I love, in fact I look forward to more collaborations with them in the future.




My dream job was mine from April and boy was I excited! Waterstones has been my ideal job for a number of years and as a big bookworm I am so excited to be working for the company. My branch is friendly and full of amazing people so going to work is really no chore, I did have to resign when I left for university but they have my job on hold for me for when I leave university which I am so happy about. July and August was all about spending time with my friends before heading off for my final year of university and I just want to take a moment to thank those who stood by me and supported me through my break up, true friends still with you and support you through everything not just highs.




September saw my move to university and my love of interiors blossomed through decorating my room and making it my own. I do have an old post on my old blog about my university room which I will link to in case anyone is wondering. I miss my family over the course of being at university seen as I don’t ever run home but it makes time I have with them even more precious. Throughout the next couple of months there was a number of nights out and friendships built which only encouraged my mood and made me feel somewhat homely. Of course through all of this I went on a number of dates which saw negative outcomes by stupid little boys but of course you have to kiss (or date) a few frogs before the prince arrives.




This final month has been a struggle and a pivotal moment I got to attend the Lush Christmas Event for the second year which was a true honor and got to see my blogger loves such as Jaide and even meet new people. I returned home and was able to see that I passed everything university wise so far, I work at Waterstones for Christmas and I’m finding myself again through the support of the university and my family.  Right now I guess I am dating an amazing guy with ambition, family values and he’s not bad looking ;)






This year saw me at both my best and worst and seeing my positives all typed out in front of me like this has been magical in reminding me when I think things are truly awful I just need to know there are positives to go with them. It had me creating this new blogger rather than staying as PorcelainNIvory as I felt I had grown out of the brand I created at 16, I am now focused on myself and been surrounded by supportive and amazing human beings. I also feel that I have solidified my friendships and appreciate people a lot more. There are a lot of new year’s resolutions to be made every year but mine is simply to make myself happy whether that means being alone, drinking way more water, attempting somewhat of an exercise routine and being more scheduled with university and blog work.




Just taking a moment to truly stop and appreciate your own moments in a world of crazy and negativity can truly make you realize how much you can achieve and what you truly have around you. So thank you to all my readers of this blog no matter what size audience that may be, I aim to please my readers and hopefully I can continue to do so in 2017. So happy new year and cheers to you all.

That's all for now my lovely readers,

Leah. 


Following me?


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig