December 18, 2016

Pink Parcel: First Thoughts and Review!

This month I decided to try out a box just like I have previously with the likes of Birchbox and Glossybox however this one is not only for beauty lovers. I am of course talking about the Pink Parcel which is a monthly box created around your period.  Simply put in the details of when your period is due, when its easiest to ship out and then choose preferences like tampons or pads, regular or heavy and finally a brand you use or want to try. They will then ship it out to you near to your period starting.


The first box you get will cost just £6.99 for that month then followed by £10.50, however whats best about this box is the fact it not only has the essential products in the box but every month there is some extra treats to make your period somewhat comfortable.
This is anything from beauty to food, since I signed up just before the November box was finished I got the LOOK Magazine box, this included a whole range of products in the “for you” box.



Like previously mentioned before the main aim of this is to provide the recipient with period essentials whether you are a pad user only or use tampons. They provide sanitary items and liners in case required, there are a range of popular brands as well such as Tampax and Body Form. The most useful thing that was in the box, I found, was a cute drawstring black pouch which has a selection of pads/tampons and a few liners for on the go.






In the box was:

SeacretUltimate Hair Trio – This is a cute travel sachet with three products, a Deep Cleansing Mud Shampoo (10ml) which combines Dead Sea Mud, Argan Oil and silk protein. A Mineral Rich Reviving Mud Hair Mask (10ml) which helps to restore lost moisture and reveal a beautiful healthy glow. Finally, in the trio is the Nourishing Hair Serum (3ml) which claims to “enrich the fibers and creates a moisture barrier, while enhancing smoothness and soft manageability”. All of these products are quite expensive £34.95, £79.95 and £79.95, with top reviews on the actual website I would say these are maybe worth the price depending on your budget. For me however it’s not something I would purchase after, I will save this trio for an indulgent night in where I can “treat” my hair. 

 Balance MeSuper Toning Body Polish – This is an exfoliant that aims to reduce cellulite, removes dead skin cells and therefore encourages good circulation. The Blackberry leaf extract also helps to encourage collagen and therefore gives firmer skin. This product is £18.00 for 150ml and whilst it is not something I would repurchase (I don’t really exfoliate) it does what it says on the bottle.  

 BatisteTropical Dry Shampoo On the Go – This handy mini is aimed to fit in any womans handbag, the Coconut & Exotic fragrance means your hair will get an uplift of fragrance. It obviously aims to revitalize your hair and remove any grease, a quick solution when washing your hair isn’t an option. At £1.50 this is something I definitely would pick up and it is currently sitting in my handbag at the ready! 

CiateLiquid Velvet in Pin Up – This Berry liquid velvet “lip slick” is a long wearing and ultra- vibrant, moistening matte liquid lipstick. The berry shade that I received is definitely something I would wear, it is in fact long lasting and conditioning however it does tend to get a tad patchy during the course of the day. At £17 it is fairly priced with several other liquid lipsticks you see advertised on the market so I wouldn’t say it’s expensive, I don’t think I would repurchase. If anything I want to invest in Jeferee Starr liquid lipsticks ASAP!

 Mavala 237Basel Nail Varnish (5ml) – This mini is a perfect handbag size for touch ups, the grey almost nude-y shade is a perfect colour for all year round. However, I found it to be something that came off my nails fairly easily even with a base and top coat, this could be due to the fact that Mavala claim it is “proven to be easily taken off with one sweep of remover”. I wouldn’t repurchase from them or try any other nail products from the brand however if I need something for one night it could be a contender as I like the colour. This is easiest to find on Amazon and is £4.99. 

 Ombar Strawberry Mylk Chocolate (35g) – Ombar is raw chocolate full of natural oxidants, live cultures and is dairy free. Even with the Strawberry Mylk this chocolate is not my cup of tea at all, it almost reminded me of dark chocolate which is a no-no for me. However, after letting a dairy intolerant person taste test apparently it isn’t as bad as some of the dairy free chocolate out there. At £1.99 it does seem pricey but since some people have to fork out for free from products I guess this is a norm.

RenGlycolytic Radiance Renewal Mask (15ml) – This mask is a cult favourite and something I have wanted to try for a long time, and it did not disappoint. The mask removes dead skin cells to “renew”, creating a brighter and more radiant complexion and also combats blackheads and blemishes. At £32 for 50ml I would consider it to be perhaps an indulgent purchase (especially for me) but something I will definitely add to my list.

A sample ofChai Latte Spiced Sachet – This is a sweetened blend of tea, skimmed milk and spices perfect for a cosy night in. Just simply add the sachet to hot water or milk dependant on preference and it’s a nice alternative to hot chocolate or tea. A 250g tub is £2.28 which is a pretty good bargain for someone who likes warm drinks during winter.



I absolutely love this service, it is a mash of glossy box and a womans monthly essentials which works perfectly for me as I can justify paying £10.50 a month for essentials and more. I think it ticks all the boxes for that time of the month, chocolate, drink, nail varnish and body polish etc a good range for any woman. I would 100% recommend to all my friends it makes the time of the month slightly less annoying and you never know you might even look forward to that time of the month….

That's all for now my lovely readers,


Leah. 



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig